- Tyrion: I freed my brother. And you slaughtered a city.
- Tyrion to Jon: You have to choose now.
- Dany: When I was a little girl my brother told me it was made with 1000 swords from Aegon’s fallen enemies. What do 1000 swords look like in the mind of a little girl who can’t count to 20?
- Jon: Have you been down there? Have you seen? Children burned. Little children BURNED.
- Dany: We do it together. We break the wheel together.
- Jon: You are my queen. Now and always.
- Arya: Say another word about killing my brother and I’ll cut your throat.
- Tyrion: Bran is our memory. The keeper of all our stories.
- Bran: Why do you think I came all this way?
- Sansa: Tens of thousands of Northmen fell in the great war, defending all of Westeros. And those who have survived have seen too much and fought too hard ever to kneel again. The North will remain and independent kingdom, as it was for thousands of years.
- Jon: There’s still a Night’s Watch?
- Sam: A Song of Ice and Fire. Archmaester Ebrose’s history of the wars following the death of King Robert. I helped him with the title.
- Tyrion: Ser Bronn of the Blackwater, Lord of Highgarden, Lord Paramount of the Reach, and Master of Coin. Would you say the crown’s debt you has been paid?
- Davos: These projects will begin as soon as the Master of Coin and Lord of Lofty Titles provides funding.
- Bronn: Are you master of grammar now too?
- Varys: I hope I deserve this. I hope I’m wrong.
- Dany: Far more people in Westeros love you than love me. I don’t have love here. I have fear.
- Tyrion: The people who live here are not your enemies. They’re innocents like the ones you liberated in Mereen. Please, if you hear them ringing the bells, call off the attack.
- Tyrion: Tens of thousands of innocent lives, one not particular innocent dwarf….seems like a fair trade.
- Qyburn: Obey your Queen, Ser Gregor.
Also, I stole this from reddit, but damn it made me laugh.
Dany this episode:
- Dany: I think you should be Lord of Storm’s End
- Bran: I don’t really want anymore. You shouldn’t envy me, mostly I live in the past *Wheels away cryptically*
- Sansa: Without Little Finger and Ramsey and the rest, I would have stayed a little bird all my life.
- Dany: I saw the way they looked at you. I know that look. So many people have looked at me that way. Never on this side of the sea…
- Sansa: What if there is someone else….someone better.
- Varys: She’s his aunt.
- Tyrion: Maybe Cersei will win and kill us all. That would solve all our problems.
- Varys: I worry about her state of mind…
- Varys: Tens of thousands of innocents will die. These are the people you came here to protect. I beg you, Your Grace, do not destroy the city you came to save. Do not become what you have always struggled to defeat.
- Dany: I am here to free the world from Tyrants. That is my destiny. And I will serve it no matter the cost.
- Dany: They should know who to blame when the sky falls down upon them *WHAT THE FUCK*
- Bran: I’m going to go now *trips out*
- Melisandre: Brown eyes, green eyes….and blue eyes.
- Daenerys: I see one man, with one hand.
- Dany: He never should have trusted Cersei / Sansa: You never should have either.
- Lyanna: I will not hide underground. I pledged to fight for The North and I will fight.
- Arya: My weapon? / Gendry *rock hard*: I’ll get right on it.
- Sansa: What about The North? It was taken from us and we took it back. And we said we’d never bow to anyone else again. What about The North?
- Tyrion: She never fooled you. You always knew exactly what she was. And you loved her anyway.
- The Hound: I fought for you didn’t I?
- Tormund: They call me ‘Giantsbane’. I killed a giant when I was ten. Then I climbed right into bed with his wife. And she woke up. You know what she did? Suckled me at her teat for three months. Thought I was her baby. That’s how I got so strong. Giant’s milk. *cue Jamie’s wtf face*
- Sansa to Tyrion: I used to think you were the cleverest man alive.
- Lyanna: You left Winterfell a King and came back a — I’m not sure what you are now. My Lord? Nothing at all?
- Sansa: What do Dragon’s eat anyway? Dany: Whatever they want.
- Jon to Arya: How’d you sneak up on me?
- Jon to Arya: Sansa thinks she’s smarter than everyone. Arya to Jon: She’s the smartest person I’ve ever met.
- The Hound to Arya: You left me to die. Arya to The Hound: First I robbed you.
A Recap of Thrones: Season Seven Recap
By Holly Hill (@hollishillis)
It’s that time again. The birds are chirping in the mornings, the days are starting to get longer, and HBO starts to release episodes of Game of Thrones for our viewing pleasure. Every year we blink, the season ends, and we are left wondering, “WHY DID THAT CHARACTER I LOVE HAVE TO DIE?” and “WHY DO I WATCH THIS SHOW?” So what better way to make the Game of Thrones season last a bit longer, than to relive the episodes the day after they air? Remember this is the LAST SEASON.
Check back in Sundays for the first recap of season seven, episode one, but first let’s start with a quick recap of season seven. It will be a good reminder of where all of our favorite and least favorite characters have ended up.
First off, RIP to all those we lost last season:
- Obra Sand (meh)
- Nymeria Sand (double meh)
- Tyene Sand (triple meh)
- Ellaria Sand (good)
- Olenna Tyrell (FIERCEST DEATH)
- Randyll Tarly (Dragon fire)
- Dickon Tarly (your name is DICKON?! – also dragon fire)
- All those Lannister Soldiers (more dragon fire)
- Benjen Stark
- Viserion (now undead Viserion)
- Little Finger (Sometimes when I try to understand a person’s motives….I like to play a little game)
Things to remember from season 7:
We left season seven with Cersei saying she was down with an alliance after seeing a white walker and then noping out of that alliance ASAP. Cersei is pregnant with her brother’s baby. Cersei also might have more dragon catapult arrow throwers.
Theon punches a Greyjoy man to death and convinces the rest of the lot to go save Yara.
The Red Woman leaves for Essos, but not before telling Varys that she will be back and they will both die in Westeros.
Bran is Three Eyed Bran (3EB) and is still a weird little shit. He just is biding his time waiting to tell Jon of his true heritage. Sam is back with Bran and knows about the whole thing too so now we just wait for them to tell him that he just fucked his Aunt on a boat.
Sansa and Arya killed Littlefinger and it was glorious.
When Jon is beyond the wall they kill the main white walker of a group and somehow it kills all the other ones. So that’s helpful information to remember. Also remember that burning white walkers and stabbing them with dragonglass is the only way to kill them. Also Viserion is a white walker dragon and he burned down the wall.
Now we are all caught up. The Winds of Winter is still not out yet, George RR Martin thinks this shouldn’t be the last season of GoT but who gives a shit what he thinks? If he wanted an opinion he could have written faster.
We are starting Season 8 almost two years after Season 7 aired. We only get six episodes and then it’s over forever. Or you can continue when the Winds of Winter comes out in 5-10 years.
Review of Thrones will be back Sunday night after GoT airs so check out CinemAbysmal for your every Sunday night just a few hours after the episode premiers. Don’t forget to grab your parent’s HBO password and join the world in prayer to the Seven that HBO GO doesn’t crash like it always does.
Yo and Holly read The Minotaur’s Kiss, a BWWM paranormal romance by Erin St. Charles. You can buy it for only $3.99 on Amazon. Also, we have a full mini interview with Erin below.
We also figure out on the pod that Yo is in love, we love women characters who eat food and respect themselves, and we have a fondness for guys who turn into animals sometimes. Whatever, no shame.
The next book we are reading is RAFE: A Buff Male Nanny (Loose Ends Book 1) by Rebekah Weatherspoon. It’s only $4.99 and you can buy it here.
As always, please SHARE, RATE, AND SUBSCRIBE!
Our Interview with Erin St. Charles!
JustFAlready: Who is your favorite romance author?
Erin St. Charles: OH GOD! That would be like picking my favorite child! There are a few I love. I got back into reading romance with Kristen Ashley, although I don’t read her much anymore. Theodora Taylor is probably my favorite indie author right now. Shelley Laurenston is my favorite paranormal author. Her stories are hilarious!
JustFAlready: What made you first want to write paranormal romance?
Erin St. Charles: Whenever I try to write a contemporary romance, my characters wind up being secret shifters, or conjure women, or succubi, or maybe genetically engineered super soldiers. I think the real world just doesn’t interest me. 😀
JustFAlready: Where do you draw inspiration from?
Erin St. Charles: My stories tend to be about social issues and the overarching theme that everyone deserves love. I’m a woman of color, and my late father had marched with Dr. King back in the day, so my stories tend to draw on minority experiences which, at the end of the day, is what shifter stories tend to be about.
JustFAlready: Do you self publish? What do you love about self publishing?
Erin St. Charles:I do self-publish, and I love it! I like the immediate gratification of writing something, getting it edited, having the covers made, the whole nine yards. My background is corporate marketing communications and promotions, and I have fun with the marketing aspects of indie publishing.
JustFAlready: Favorite Star Trek character?
Erin St. Charles: This is complicated. I have seen all the movies and shows. My favorite characters (in no particular order) are: Captain Sisko, Major Kira, Spock, Worf, 7 of 9, Captain Picard, Michael Burnham, and Tucker from “Enterprise.” Tucker influenced Bubba Cermak, a fan favorite from my series.