- Tyrion: I freed my brother. And you slaughtered a city.
- Tyrion to Jon: You have to choose now.
- Dany: When I was a little girl my brother told me it was made with 1000 swords from Aegon’s fallen enemies. What do 1000 swords look like in the mind of a little girl who can’t count to 20?
- Jon: Have you been down there? Have you seen? Children burned. Little children BURNED.
- Dany: We do it together. We break the wheel together.
- Jon: You are my queen. Now and always.
- Arya: Say another word about killing my brother and I’ll cut your throat.
- Tyrion: Bran is our memory. The keeper of all our stories.
- Bran: Why do you think I came all this way?
- Sansa: Tens of thousands of Northmen fell in the great war, defending all of Westeros. And those who have survived have seen too much and fought too hard ever to kneel again. The North will remain and independent kingdom, as it was for thousands of years.
- Jon: There’s still a Night’s Watch?
- Sam: A Song of Ice and Fire. Archmaester Ebrose’s history of the wars following the death of King Robert. I helped him with the title.
- Tyrion: Ser Bronn of the Blackwater, Lord of Highgarden, Lord Paramount of the Reach, and Master of Coin. Would you say the crown’s debt you has been paid?
- Davos: These projects will begin as soon as the Master of Coin and Lord of Lofty Titles provides funding.
- Bronn: Are you master of grammar now too?
season eight episode two
A RECAP OF THRONES: SEASON EIGHT, EPISODE FIVE: BURN, CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT, BURN (DRAGON INFERNO)
- Varys: I hope I deserve this. I hope I’m wrong.
- Dany: Far more people in Westeros love you than love me. I don’t have love here. I have fear.
- Tyrion: The people who live here are not your enemies. They’re innocents like the ones you liberated in Mereen. Please, if you hear them ringing the bells, call off the attack.
- Tyrion: Tens of thousands of innocent lives, one not particular innocent dwarf….seems like a fair trade.
- Qyburn: Obey your Queen, Ser Gregor.
Also, I stole this from reddit, but damn it made me laugh.
Dany this episode:
A RECAP OF THRONES: SEASON EIGHT, EPISODE FOUR: A DESCENT INTO MADNESS
- Dany: I think you should be Lord of Storm’s End
- Bran: I don’t really want anymore. You shouldn’t envy me, mostly I live in the past *Wheels away cryptically*
- Sansa: Without Little Finger and Ramsey and the rest, I would have stayed a little bird all my life.
- Dany: I saw the way they looked at you. I know that look. So many people have looked at me that way. Never on this side of the sea…
- Sansa: What if there is someone else….someone better.
- Varys: She’s his aunt.
- Tyrion: Maybe Cersei will win and kill us all. That would solve all our problems.
- Varys: I worry about her state of mind…
- Varys: Tens of thousands of innocents will die. These are the people you came here to protect. I beg you, Your Grace, do not destroy the city you came to save. Do not become what you have always struggled to defeat.
- Dany: I am here to free the world from Tyrants. That is my destiny. And I will serve it no matter the cost.
- Dany: They should know who to blame when the sky falls down upon them *WHAT THE FUCK*
A RECAP OF THRONES: SEASON EIGHT, EPISODE THREE: HOLY SHIT
Damn Cersei, you smart staying warm, dry and drunk in King’s Landing.
- Bran: I’m going to go now *trips out*
- Melisandre: Brown eyes, green eyes….and blue eyes.
A RECAP OF THRONES: SEASON EIGHT, EPISODE TWO: THE ONE WHERE EVERYONE TALKS
So that’s my prediction.
Here’s my prediction of who dies based on this theory:
Jamie wraps up his beef with Dany, Sansa, Tyrion, Bran and even manages to knight Brienne in the process. Also, Bran gives him that creepy ‘how do you know there’s an afterwards?’. Jamie is gonna die.
Bran wraps up his 3EB bit by confessing he won’t tell anyone about what Jamie did, and tells everyone that the Night King is after him so they’ll use him as bait. Bran then spends the rest of his night telling Tyrion everything about his story and I’m going to assume all he knows. Bran is going to die.
Jorah wraps up his relationship with Dany, finally being okay with his relegation to the friend zone. He even tells her to keep Tyrion on as hand even after all his mighty fuck ups. Sam gives him his family sword and he has a conversation with Lyanna that sounds a lot like goodbye. I’m gonna say Jorah dies.
Lyanna will die. I can’t imagine her surviving this. Her combat skills aint that good. She’ll probably die with all the ‘The North will never bow again’ people. Wraps up that problem nicely.
Gendry makes a sword for Arya after she proves to him she can kill pretty well. This must have been her weird way of foreplay because she strips naked for him and bangs him before the battle starts. A bit out of character for Arya, but whatever. Good for Arya, good for Gendry. Gendry serves no purpose now. Bye Gendry.
Theon is accepted back at Winterfell by Sansa. He requests to defend Bran at the weirwood tree and that will be his final stand and he’ll die forgiven.
Podrick will probably die. It would suck for Brienne to lose him and Jamie in one go, but I don’t see Pod’s story line going anywhere else at the moment. Could be wrong though.
Ghost made an appearance this week. No dragons so his CGI budget was intact. I think showing him was a subtle reminder that he’s still around, and that he’s probably going to die. Hopefully saving Jon’s life. Would be a good time too for Arya’s Direwolf Nymeria to show up with her pack and start ripping out white walker throats.
People I don’t care about living or dying:
Grey Worm and Missandei, the relationship I care the least about, had a nice goodbye. They talked of their future plans. I’m not sure if either of them will or won’t make it out of this battle alive, but I’m not going to guess because I honestly don’t care.
Gilly is back. Gilly will be in the crypt with Sam and Little Sam. Meh. Don’t really care about any of that.
Jon’s Night Watch buddies. Meh.
Beric is here for the Lord of Light. I could see him dying next week while saving someone who is actually key to the story aka the Lord of Light’s plan. I don’t really care either way though.
People who are going to live:
Dany and Sansa try to talk it out. They almost come to an understanding several times, but every time Sansa pretty much shuts that shit down. I’m super in love with that fact that they aren’t friends at all. Every time Dany tries to talk to Sansa she sounds like she’s bullshitting her for some reason and I feel like the audience can see it and so can Sansa. These two have unresolved issues. They’ll live.
The Hound and Arya talk a bit and it doesn’t really go anywhere. He can’t die though because he has to kill The Mountain. At least I hope that’s how this all finally goes for him.
Brienne and Tormund…well, nothing is resolved there. Both will live and with Jamie out of the way….
Tryion resolves his issues with Dany and his brother. He will live.
The biggest move forward this week was Jon telling Dany that he’s the last male heir Targaryen. Instead of being horrified that she’s been banging her nephew for the last few weeks/months (what is Time on this show?), she is mad she isn’t the rightful heir to the throne. Before they can talk it out, the battle is about to begin and the episode is over. Both will live. They gotta figure this shit out.
No one talked about the dragons this week or what the plans are to use them in battle, but I am looking forward to seeing the two living ones vs the one dead one.
Best quotes this week:
- Daenerys: I see one man, with one hand.
- Dany: He never should have trusted Cersei / Sansa: You never should have either.
- Lyanna: I will not hide underground. I pledged to fight for The North and I will fight.
- Arya: My weapon? / Gendry *rock hard*: I’ll get right on it.
- Sansa: What about The North? It was taken from us and we took it back. And we said we’d never bow to anyone else again. What about The North?
- Tyrion: She never fooled you. You always knew exactly what she was. And you loved her anyway.
- The Hound: I fought for you didn’t I?
- Tormund: They call me ‘Giantsbane’. I killed a giant when I was ten. Then I climbed right into bed with his wife. And she woke up. You know what she did? Suckled me at her teat for three months. Thought I was her baby. That’s how I got so strong. Giant’s milk. *cue Jamie’s wtf face*